General terms and conditions of sale for the Museumshop Tropenmuseum 's website "tribalarts.nl"
1. All agreements are entered into between the purchaser and the VoF Museumwinkel Tropenmuseum (hereinafter referred to as Museumshop Tropenmuseum), with its registered address at Mauritskade 63, 1092AD Amsterdam, the Netherlands, registered at the Amsterdam Chamber of Commerce under file number: 33301932, VAT number: NL 8110.44.480.B.01. Visitors to this website must accept the applicability of these terms and conditions and of the other rights and duties stated on this website.
2. All questions and comments intended for and other communication with the Museumshop Tropenmuseum with regard to the items offered by the Museumshop Tropenmuseum via this website can be directed to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you may write to the Museumshop Tropenmuseum at the aforementioned address, clearly stating your name, address, telephone number and if possible e-mail address.
3. An order form that is completed in full and sent digitally by the purchaser to the Museumshop Tropenmuseum by clicking on 'place order' ('bestelling plaatsen') in step 4 of the order process shall constitute an offer by the purchaser. The agreement between the purchaser and the Museumshop Tropenmuseum shall be effected once the Museumshop Tropenmuseum has sent an order confirmation with a description of the order to the purchaser by e-mail.)
4. Payment must be made via PayPal by credit card or bank transfer to the Museumshop Tropenmuseum’s bank account of the total amount shown at the end of the transaction, any additional costs that may occur whilst transferring money shall be paid by the purchaser.
The following are included in the total amount paid by the purchaser: the purchase price of the item, the packing costs and the shipping costs by ordinary post to the address specified in the order. Prices are in Euro’s. We are not responsible for custom duty or any other taxes applicable in country of destination.
5. The packaging of the ordered items is such that the Museumshop Tropenmuseum guarantees its undamaged delivery. In case of incorrect or damaged delivery, the recipient must reclaim as soon as possible, but no later then 7 days after delivery.
6. Items shall be shipped within two weeks of the order date. The purchaser has the right to terminate the agreement within seven days of receiving the ordered items without being required to provide reasons. In such cases, the purchaser shall return the ordered items to the Museumshop Tropenmuseum, indicating his/her Paypal or bank account number with the return shipment. The purchaser shall bear the costs of the return shipment. The Museumshop Tropenmuseum will credit the purchase amount less the shipping and packaging costs to the purchaser within 30 days of receipt of the return shipment.
7. The prices quoted on this website are inclusive of VAT. The Museumshop Tropenmuseum does not offer the possibility, in any way, shape or form, of recovering the VAT charged for the items purchased, irrespective of whether said parties reside in or outside the European Union.
8.In some cases an item shown in the webshop may have been sold in the physical Museumshop during ordering procedures. Due to the unique nature of our items we can never supply a second item that will be exactly similar. You will be notified if this is the case and your payment shall be refunded within 14 days. The Museumshop Tropenmuseum shall be under no obligation to supply the item at a later date.
9. The agreement, as concluded by the purchaser and the Museumshop Tropenmuseum, is governed by Dutch law. Any disputes relating to or arising from the agreement or any offers made by the Museumshop Tropenmuseum will only be submitted to the competent court in the district of Amsterdam.
10. Any personal information you supply via this website will only be used to process your order. We will not supply this information to any third parties whatsoever.
The Museumshop Tropenmuseum may at any time revise these Terms and Conditions by updating this posting. You are bound by any such revisions and should therefore periodically visit this page to review the then-current Terms and Conditions.